Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Monster Mud (Goo)

Well it's summer time and with summer comes fun activities. I was inspired by my friend to make a schedule for the summer. I really liked the idea so I made one for the kids. The schedule includes a morning clean up, school for an hour, a craft, lunch, swimming, a cooking activity, and free time. The kids and I love it. The schedule takes away the guessing game for the day. We have no fighting over who gets to do what. You just look at the schedule and find out who gets to choose the Activity for the morning, and who gets to choose the activity for the afternoon. The kids made homemade Apple Muffins the other day. They even shredded the Apples. Cool hu? They wanted to call themselves "First kids in the Kitchen" Sadly I had to tell them they are not the first kids to make muffins in the kitchen. I just helped the kids, they did most of the work. They even took a knife to level out the flour and sugar, broke their own egg. They were so proud of themselves. So cute. The muffins tuned out super yummy too!!!
The boy in the first picture is Ben. I know a lot of you have heard me talk about this wonderful little boy. We watched him during the school year before and after school. I have him on and off this summer. Here are some pictures of the MONSTER MUD Look at the smiles on their faces. They are so happy!!! Kayden said "This is the best day ever" Brooklyn said "This is awesome" Ben said "This is so cool" Chandler said "yeah" The monster mud made such a huge mess but the kids loved it. It made such a huge mess. The cool thing is the monster mud was only cornstarch and water. So you only needed water and a wash cloth to clean it up. The stinky thing is the kids played for 50 minutes and the whole time they played I cleaned up. It was on the chairs, floor, the walls, and all over the table. But that is what hands on is right?? Oh boy. Next time I think we will do monster mud outside.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yeah, I think I would do it outside too!! Looks like they had fun. How do you keep yourselves on a schedule???? I guess I am too I don't know the word, but it would be the opposite of having a schedule!! hehe

Staci said...

That looks so yucky! You couldn't pay me to make that for my kids! I think Daniel would love it like chandler did, but I don't think we will be trying it! Glad your kids had fun!