Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Disney Magic Kingdom




Here we are at the Magic Kingdom. Oh my gosh there were so many people... It was so crazy. We had the opportunity to meet Cinderella. A lady stopped us and asked if we wanted to spend 5 minutes with Cinderella we would have to wait for about 2 hours. We just barely got to the park I didn't' know what was going on. I wasn't sure what we would be doing in two hours so I said no. I was kicking my self later I mean come on when would miss Brooklyn have that chance again? That was her favorite princess too. Oh well you can't do it all right? That's what I kept telling myself. Well My dad had a knee replacement last November and the end of this month will have the other knee replaced. So he got a special handicap pass. Not only was it for him he got to include his whole party. My family of 5 and my mom & Dad. We didn't have to wait in any lines the whole vacation. My Dads pass got us right in the line the longest we waited for a ride was 30 minutes. Most of them we walked right on. We loved Dad's golden pass. We also got to park in the Handy cap parking so we didn't have to walk that far either. It's sad that my dad is hurt that he has to have the Handicap signs. But really worked out well for the 100 minute lines. I was amazed at all the accommodations for handy cap. When we went to Hollywood Studios they had a brand new ride Toy Story Mania. We watched a little girl who couldn't get out of her wheelchair. We watched the ride transform to where this little girl could ride and enjoy. Instead of pulling the string she just had to touch a button. I was amazed. Disney World really is for everyone. Even my parents had a great time. Once again the rain hit our vacation. It rained so hard for 1 hour 45 minutes. They shut down all the rides and we just had to wait for the rain to stop. it was so crazy. We got a special pass to Dumbo because we were almost on the ride and they closed it down. So we walked right on Dumbo when the rain stopped. That was nice.
The Electric parade here was amazing. We didn't sit and watch the fireworks. The kids were so tired and it was already 10pm so we walked to the Metro and watched the fireworks, we still got a really good view just didn't' sit and watch them. The good thing is we didn't have to fight the crowds to get out. WE were to our car just as the fireworks were over and out of the park before the crowds. So that worked out... The best of two worlds. My poor kids second night in a row they were not in bed until 11pm.










Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Tina - I love the picture of you guys on the Dumbo ride!! How fun! - Glad your back ... can I come and visit teach you?? I'll try to call you tomorrow!!

Stephanie said...

Would you look at that rain! Why can't we get any of that here!?!?! How crazy is that? I'm glad it didn't rain the whole time that would have really stunk! Yeah for the handicapped pass!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

From the looks of the pictures the late nights didn't bother the kids at all. They looked like this was just the best vacation ever.
That is awesome you didn't have to wait in lines that long. I remember went we went to Disneyland we just stood in a line and hoped it led to a ride and not food.

tfeathe said...

How awesome!! This is one place I'd definitely love to visit sometime... hopefully before my girls get too old! giggles
What fun!

Staci said...

How awesome..That rain looked pretty amazing.. I can only imagine. Looked like you all had a great time.. sometimes it is fun not to go to bed until after 11:00! What a Party~!