Leipzig Christmas Market is another “Oldest”Christmas Markets dating back to 1458. However, we know from yesterday’s post Dresden has about 20 years on this one so Dresden so far IS the ‘Oldest’ Christmas market in Germany.
If I could sum up this market in just one word it would be “Character” It was just so full of life.
We loved all the Markets. The main market in the historical center had 250 stalls of goodies to buy and lots of new foods to try. Kayden especially loved the homemade fudge stall with 30 different fudges. We love to try all the new treats.
Jeremy bought a new hot drink it was Gingerbread Punch. It was yucky! We all had to take one for the team and keep taking sips until it was gone. I think to best describe it, it was like kinder punch with some milk in it and added ginger. We were NOT a fan. Chandler loved buying cookies and cream almonds.
If I could sum up this market in just one word it would be “Character” It was just so full of life.
We loved all the Markets. The main market in the historical center had 250 stalls of goodies to buy and lots of new foods to try. Kayden especially loved the homemade fudge stall with 30 different fudges. We love to try all the new treats.
Jeremy bought a new hot drink it was Gingerbread Punch. It was yucky! We all had to take one for the team and keep taking sips until it was gone. I think to best describe it, it was like kinder punch with some milk in it and added ginger. We were NOT a fan. Chandler loved buying cookies and cream almonds.
We were able to explore 5 markets. The boys were dead after the main market so they headed back to the car for a nap. (We had already walked over 10,000 steps at the zoo). * Note to self do not take kids to the zoo before Christmas Markets. Ha!
So my favorite part of the market was riding the Christmas Wheel. It was awesome and I loved being high in the air. Jeremy, even turned our pod around and around. It was magical.
| Tina and Rachel a the Enterance of the Leipzig Christmas Market |
| This is one of the only pictures I got of the boys before they retreated to the car. You can see it is still raining. |
![]() |
| Look at these cool Leipzig Lebkuchen |
| They had so many flavors and styles of Lebkuchen |
| The big Christmas tree in the center of the market. |
| WE got to try an new treat. It was little dutch pancakes. |
| Some delicious doughnut that was filled in the center. |
| Leipzig Nativity |
| Brooklyn and Chandler trying to eat Jeremy's Chocolate Oranges |
| Last ones standing. Ha! Well Jermey is taking the picture I'm not sure where Les is? |
| This was the new Gingerbread Punch. |
| I just love how festive everything looks. And that tree is huge. |
| Brooklyn eating cheese bread |
| I thought this booth with nothing but santa hats was pretty awesome. |
| This was the "Party" market with the ferris wheel and lots of food. |
| Brooklyn and I got to try the waffles and cream. YUMMMM |
| Look how fun this place is. |
| Brooklyn and I sitting by the fire. The only thing that could make this better is if we were singing carols. |
| Ambrus kids and Brooklyn waiting to go on the Christmas wheel. |
| Amburs's and Bastian's waiting to get on the Christmas Wheel |
| David was a little nervous about going high in the air. |
| This Handsome man of mine can never take a normal picture. |
| The kids hight in the air. You can still see the rain coming down. All day, and All night. |
| Leipzig Christmas Markets. |
| This was a light and a snow globe. It was really cool. Too bad it was just decoration for the stall I would have loved to take one home. |

0 comments:
Post a Comment