Jermey and I wanted to do something fun today. We all got up early around 8am (some of us didn't go to bed until after 2:00am.) We had both babies today Roderic and Mariella. I had asked their parents to bring their passports because we were headed to France and well, I didn't want to be caught with two babies trying to cross the boarders with out passports. Ha! We drove 1 1/2 hour drive to see La Feerie de Glace "Disney" Aka The Ice Festival in Metz, France. It is a 1400 sqm exhibit of Ice sculptures inspired from Disney Characters. Their are 30 artists of 12 nationalities that come together for 5 weeks to create these masterpieces. 600 tons of Ice are brought in and are used to build 80 sculptures ranging from 2-6 meters. They are huge. You can see the size as the kids are standing next to them. They are pretty impressive. The temperature in side is -6 degrees celsius or 20 degrees Fahrenheit . We were all bundled up and it didn't seem too cold. It really was amazing to see the attention to detail on every character. Even the wall had some amazing ice sketching. They had an ice bar you could grab a hot chocolate. They also had an ice slide. Oh my goodness we had the best time. I'm sad the lighting was not the best. However, hopefully you can see some of the Magic and attention to detail? When we were finished with the Ice Festival it was pouring buckets of rain. I'm sure it was quite comical watching our party of 7 and all the umbrellas trying to make it back to our car. The wind made things tricky as well. We had rain coming at us on all directions. We made it back to the car and was able to eat our picnic lunch and feed the babies. We made it home around 5:30pm
It really was a perfect way to start off the New Year.
 |
| Happy Roderic! |
.
 |
| Beautiful, Beary lovable Mariella |
 |
| You can see Christmas is still decorating the town. |
 |
| Bastianclan plus two additions Roderic and Mariella |
 |
| Kayden and Brooklyn wanted to carry the babies. I have the coolest kids! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment