Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend Camp Out

This Memorial Day Weekend, May we all remember those people who have died fighting for our freedoms. Remember the families they left behind and the ultimate sacrifice they gave us. Hug your loved ones tonight and everyday tell and show them how much you love them. I’m so excited to be celebrating Memorial Day Weekend with my family! Camping has been kind of tricky here in Germany, so we decided to have a big campout in our yard this weekend. 
We planned all kinds of yummy camping food. 
The Ambrus invited us over for some homemade pizza’s and we drove Les crazy with all our camping songs. It was EPIC. We ended the night with a fire, S’mores, and star tipping.


Day 2 of Memorial Weekend camping. We all slept in until 8am. Ha! Living life on the edge. We made buttermilk fluffy pancakes. Brooklyn, Crystalina, and Breanna made Butter syrup, and maple syrup. We had a killer game of Jackpot Frisby. It was pretty crazy with all 7 of us running around trying to catch the Frisby. Dodging tents, cars and each other. ðŸ˜‚
We had a fun picnic in the forest and went on an amazing hike in a new area about 20 min from our house. I may have fallen in the water trying to get a cute picture with my kids. We did a lot of off roading aka off the trail. Climbing, and lots of falling. Chandler kept calling it par core. Bahaha I think people were just laughing at this party of 5 trying to get on the middle of the creek. 
We had so much fun even if Chandler and I both were walking with wet shoes. I hope my children remember even when it’s hard for me to move and I have to fight against the pain and push through my disease that they are worth it. And I love all the memories and laughs as we try to accomplish the task at hand. Living life to the fullest! 
We came home and prepped our dinner of Korean Chicken and Dutch oven potatoes with veggies and cherries. Yummmm
Played a game of phase 10 before Brooklyn left to go babysit. The boys killed me playing uno on crack. Jeremy joined us for cover your assets. We got to throw a football around until we couldn’t see anymore. Started our fire and now we are just chilling until the coals are ready to cook our fruit cone cups. My favorite quote of the day, Chandler, said “ It should be illegal to have this much fun! I love my family” I agree Chandler!

























































0 comments: