Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Friday, July 24, 2015

Cruise Day 1 Departing Galveston, Texas


After a year of planning the Cruise is finally here.
We had about 1 1/2 hour drive from Humble to Galveston Texas.
We had two vans come pick us up.  One van was a kid van and the Other was the Adult van.
This reminds me of Home Alone for some reason. We were all super excited.   
Chris and Tonna were super excited to get the very back Make out seat.
Lair, Brit, and Mom got the second bench.
Dad was sitting in front with the driver. 
Jer and I got the middle seat.  We are super excited!!! 
Here is some of our group.
We were kind of rushed when we got out of the vans.  I'm not sure why?  We were there in plenty of time.
I missed getting a couple pictures because I was being rushed into the building.  We didn't even get a picture of the ship or the entire group.  :-(  I was a little sad.  But I put my camera away and went with the rest of my family.
We were the first in line and walked right up to the counter to check in.
They took all our passports and took our pictures individually so they could print our Sea Passes.
Our Sea Passes became super important.  We each would need to wear them 24/7 it was the key to our room. It's what got the kids into their kid clubs and that is how you purchased things on the ship. My Mom purchased lanyards for all of us to wear.  Brooklyn and I got Purple ones the boys got USA Red, White and Blue. 
Here we are all with our sea passes and Ready to get on the ship.
The Ship had several elevators.  Each Elevator had carpet and a sign that told you what day of the week it was.  It is amazing how easily you can loose track of time and what day of the week it is, especially on vacation.
So this sign came in very handy. 
We were starving when we got on the Ship. So our first stop was The Windjammer Cafe.
The boys were so excited it was a buffet and they could eat all they wanted almost 24 hours a day.   
After our tummies were full. We got to explore the ship.  Since the ship wasn't suppose to set sail until about 4:30pm and it was about 1pm we had plenty of time to relax. 
Jeremy, took a little nap.  
I loved hanging with my Man.  I wish we could vacation like this every week.
Jeremy has worked so hard and this is our first real vacation in about two years.  So it was so nice I got him all to myself for 3 weeks.  It was really nice to not have a schedule and just sit and enjoy the ship.
Chris and Tonna, This is their second Cruise.  They kind of knew what to expect and
were super excited that this time they have their kids and get to experience the cruise as a family.
We had to all meet in the Star Lounge for the Guest Assembly Drill.
Jer and I went early for the first time cruising presentation.
While we waited for the Drill to start (it was running a little behind because so many people were still trying to get on the ship.)  I guess that is why we hurried on.  It's good to beat the lines.  Part of our group got stuck in the lines and waited a couple hours before they were able to get on the ship.
While we waited...Chandler and Jeremy took a nap.  Yes, that is Jeremy's Second nap.  
Baby Girl and Her Daddy!  I love this picture. 
Chandler and Jessenia.  Waiting oh so patiently for the Drill.
ConnerMan, Love him!
Tina and her Daddy!
I love my Daddy
Here are all the kids waiting for the Sapphire Dinning Room to open
Brooklyn and Ally
Best friends. 
We had 20 people in our group.  So we got two tables.
It was fun each night we got to eat with different people in our group.
This was the second table.
Kayden was so brave he tried Escargot. There were 5 snails in this dish.
Kayden, said it tasted like Garlic.  He didn't think they were too bad. 

William was super brave and ate Escargot as well. 

The boys called Aunt Britany over and she tried Escargot too!  
Darrin Tried Escargot.  
Jeremy, also tried Escargot.
 Jeremy tried to get me to try it.  YUCK! NO Thank YOU!!

Chandler wanted some ranch for his Chicken fingers.  He asked our waiter for some ranch.  Well the waiter didn't have any ranch so he brought Chandler some Blue Cheese dressing.  This was Chander's reaction to the Blue Cheese.  He hated it.
He said,"Mom this is not yummy."  Poor Chandler.  It was really funny though.

The Show Tonight was Welcome aboard starring Billy Garan a Comedian  and the Navigator of the Seas Orchestra.

0 comments: