Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Herrenchiemsee Royal Palace

Our last stop was the Herrenchiemsee Royal Palace (New Palace) the third and final King Ludwig ll castles. I though Linderhoff was my favorite but in all honesty I fell in l❤️ve with Hereenchiemsee. Something about the surrounding forest, lakes, gardens, water fountains. It was just breathtaking. 
This palace was built in 1877 on Herreninsel Island in lake Chiemsee. This was the most expensive of all three King Ludwig ll "Farytale Castles". 
It cost more than Neuschwanstein and Linderhof combined. Holy smokes! 
Only 20 of the 70 rooms were completed. 
It's also the only Ludwig ll castle's you can see a portion of the unfinished castle. Which by the way was still gorgeous it was a bunch of exposed red brick it was beautiful. 
The only way to access the palace is by a 15 minute boat ride to the island and it was a short 20 min walk to the Palace.

On the boat with Grandma &Grandpa. 
We got one of the first boats to the island. Yeah! The boat wasn't too crowded.

With my love! What do you think about his beard?!? Jeremy loves it when he is on leave and doesn't have to shave.
Look how calm the lake is. Love these kids of mine!


Exquisite views of the Chiemsee Lake.

I know King Ludwig ll was crazy but man did this guy know how to pick out the location of his castle.

Stunning and just look at those alpine mountains

I'm in love with this forest. It reminds me of the forest I walk in back home. 

We ❤️the 20 min walk to the Palace.

Brooklyn and I at the Palace gates.

I just had to capture this moment with my children. Oh how I love them. Priceless!

The fountains put on quite a show while we were there.
We got to watch the fountains go off three different times.
 I just fell in love. I think this is what I want in front of our house. Garden Goals!

Fama Fountain

Fortune Fountain

With my love!

Grandma and the kids exploring. So adorable!

Love the beautiful manicured gardens. I could stay here all day looking at this beautiful garden.
We started our tour on the ground floor's vestibule which was AMAZING. I loved the marble colors grey, blue, and maroon. It was so beautiful! King Ludwig didn't spare any expense. 
It's so funny that this was a Bavarian Castle but there was nothing to showcase Bavaria. It was 100% a French Palace even complete with a large painting of Louis XIV. Even all the paintings were of French wars; how bizarre.


Herrenchiemsee was inspired by and modeled after King Louis XIV FRENCH Versailles Palace. King Ludwig II deeply admired the "Sun King" he didn't want to just copy Versailles he wanted to surpass 
The Great Hall of Mirrors was 8meters longer than Versailles but was an exact copy. Also the two nearby chambers were exact replicas even down to the desk. The original was in Versailles and the copy here. The only two in the world. 
The workers spent a lot of time in Versailles to make sure it was exactly the same.




I love exploring with my Sweetheart!


The back of Herrenchiemsee.

0 comments: