Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Scholoss Lichtenstein (Castle on a Cliff)

After we finished with Ritter Sport, we drove about an hour south from Stuttgart to The Lichtenstein Castle. 
The drive was beautiful and full of scenery.  We hit some rolling mountains and small villages as we traveled to the Castle. 
I absolutely fell in Love with Lichtenstein.
First, Lichtenstein is inspired by a 1826 novel titled "Lichetenstein" by William Hauff.  How many castles were inspired by a book?  I think that is super awesome.
Second, Lichtenstein has 2 nicknames.  First, "Neuschwanstein's little Brother."  You can totally see a resemblance of Neuschwanstein.
The Second nickname is "Fairytale Castle in Baden-Wurttemberg." I too think it looks like a Fairytale Castle.  It looks so magical.
It's a small castle but it is still super impressive.  
This view walking up to the Castle.  The grounds were beautiful and so green.
He we are standing on the bridge as we are about to enter the castle grounds. 


I thought this little spot to rest was super cool.  I love the little houses on either side of the bench.
I love these kids of mine.  Super cute.  I wish they could stay small forever. 
The outer side of the tower. 
I'm Super Mom, We are going to conquer this castle. 
Jer and the kids hanging in the courtyard. 
Castle Gate. It was kind of tricky getting information on the castle really hard to get a lot of information on this castle.
Because this castle is not very popular with foreign tourist you can only do castle tours in German.  They do have an English pamphlet you can read a little about the room you get to visit.  Our tour guide was really nice.  She would answer our questions in English and did try to help us understand what was going on.  
Kayden the Hulk, Ready to take on the castle. 
Wonder Woman is going to rule the castle. 
My sweet Spider Man is ready to scale the walls of the castle. 
The kids were kind of spoiled on our 30 minute tour.
The tour guide let Brooklyn unlock the castle and Chandler got to open the door.
It was such a special day.
Lichtenstein name in German means "Light Colored Stone."
The boys loved the historical weapons and armor display.
Bastianclan at Lichtenstein Castle on a cliff.  

0 comments: