Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Bernkastel-Kues Wine festival

Today we went to one of the best Wine Festivals in Germany.  
We had a beautiful 2 hour drive down to the town of Bernkastel-Kues it's along the Moselle river. I love this picture of the Festival banner and the Landshut Castle Ruins in the background.
Every year Bernkastel-Kues celebrates the harvest of the grapes by throwing a huge festival.
It was huge there were so many people the streets were very crowded.  We had over 200 Mormons at the Wine Festival.  Ha! 
The mountains and hill sides are full of grape vineyards.
The entire town is built around the Moselle River and it's beautiful. I can't get over how beautiful the homes and town were.  I just kept wishing I lived in one of these homes.  Could you imagine how beautiful it would be to wake up to this view every morning?

We had to cross the river via this bridge to get to the main square and the Wine Festival. 
The Festival was so fun.  We stopped at one of the wine vendors for their "special" grape juice blend (which by the way was delicious.)  The lady kept telling me this Traubensaft aka grape juice was for the KINDER aka Children.  I said yes, that is EXACTLY what I want.  The Festival was full of live entertainment.  They had some awesome bands.  I'm not sure the name of this band or even the type of instruments they were playing but they were fantastic.   
Bastianclan at the Wine Festival 2016
with the Landshut Castle Ruins in the back ground
This was undoubtedly the best firework spectacular we have EVER seen.
This firework show went on for 30 minutes straight and told a story of a battle between The Castle and the invaders on the river.  It was amazing to see the two areas set off amazing fireworks.  It really was phenomenal.
I loved how the the fireworks illuminated the castle.
One of the fights by the castle.  Look at how many fireworks they displayed at one time.
We kept thinking this was the finale but nope they just kept on being amazing fireworks.


Look at the fireworks burst off the mountain. 
Pure Beauty! 

I added a little firework show from the night.
I can't wait to go back again next year.  Rumor has it they do a firework show for their Christmas market as well.
AWESOME!







0 comments: