Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ocean Shores

We had our very first experience with "Recruiting" this week. We went to an Annual Training Conference. It was very interesting. WE are in for a big treat. UMMM change, UMMM long three years.

We left Thursday it was suppose to be a 5 hour drive it ended up being almost 7 hours. We were stuck in traffic for an hour and a half. I guess a truck thought it would be a good idea to go underneath a semi. Yeah Nice. Meanwhile we have kids that have to go to the bathroom. Yeah loads of fun.

Friday Jer and I attended some classes while the kids played. Friday night the kids had a special kids class aka child care. While Jer and I went to his company party. We didn't know where the party was it wasn't where it said on the agenda so we finally found the party an hour late. Oh boy. Let's just say when we got there it was very interesting. You want more detail send me an e-mail.

Sat Jer and I attended some more classes. The kids had their class. The classes were very helpful and very informative. I made some really good friends.

Sat night we had the formal Ball. So much fun to get all dressed up and have a special evening. It was awesome. The food was great, the entertainment was great the speakers were great.

When the Ball was over we went back to the Hotel and changed our clothes and went Cosmic Bowling with the other recruiters and wives of Jer's station. So much fun.

Sunday we drove 5 hours home.

Jer starts his job officially on Tuesday.

Hooah ARMY

Ocean Shores WA

Jer taking the kids to their class


Kids having fun at the beach.
We found lots of Sand Dollars. Very Cool

And a Crab.

Our New Company. Yakima
With Spouses. Sorry so small.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very fun and er interesting trip!! I am very intrigued.... you must email me and tell me all the juicy details!!

Staci said...

Wow.. I am glad that they had an introduction and classes... at least you have a heads up and know some of the other wives! I hope you make some great friends there and can find some sanity in it all!
Army parties are always interesting aren't they?
You looked so pretty in your white dress! We haven't had a ball at all here, our last was when STerling got back from Iraq almost 3 years ago.. crazy.. I think it is about time for another!
Much love to you all!
I keep thinking about calling you but I am either in my car (it is illegal to be on the phone in Hawaii while driving) or it is too late! I hope you are adjusting well!

Stephanie said...

Got to love mandatory fun! At least the kids were taken care of so you could go to all your classes and stuff. You definitely need to email me the story. I can't believe you haven't already told me, now I'm getting anxious! I look forward to having to find a modest dress so I can go to balls when Erik becomes an officer...Oh Boy!