Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Little Big Horn

We really enjoyed visiting Little Big Horn in Montana. We learned a lot about the battle. The kids got to fill our their packets and became Junior Rangers. I love these packets so much. The kids, Jer and I really learn a lot about the monument. It was really interesting to read and watch the battle. It's really sad too! Here are the kids at the Monument with their cute little Prairie dogs they fell in love with. They were all over Devil's Tower and Little Big Horn. The kids each got a stuffed prairie dog as a souvenir.


Here is Last Stand Hill

The Grave Yard for Last Stand Hill

WE took a drive for about 5-6 miles where some of the battle happened

all along the roads and into the field you would see the white headstones.

They put these headstones where individual soldiers died.

It was so amazing to see. I tried to capture it in the next couple pics.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Miranda said...

That is awesome that you made it from Montana. We lived there for awhile. Sounds like you guys are doing awesome. We are doing well here in Savanna and we really miss your family! You are great. I also have a blog too!

Anonymous said...

What a SUPER cool trip you guys had! Isn't it great to see our country's history?