Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mistletoe State Park

WE just got home for our ward camp out. We had a wonderful time with all our friends from the Grovetown ward. The camp out was only for one evening so Jeremy and I decided we were going to down size for this over night trip. We were very careful as to what we took. I even made homemade pizza that we ate on the hour drive to Mistletoe. We were so smart and the night went so well. but of course with all our other camping trips it rained. It doesn't seem like camping unless it rains. All but one of our camping trips it's rained. I guess that is part of the fun right? Our kids love to camp. I think they would camp every weekend. Kayden really enjoyed playing with all his friends. He found a Toad surprise surprise. He was also dared to eat a cricket. He not only ate one but three. He also has advice to anyone who may eat a cricket. (it tastes better if you don't chew it) I laughed so hard when he told me that. His friends thought he was sooo cool. WE think so too!!! Kayden is so cool! Miss Brooklyn has always wanted a horse well this weekend she got her wish there was a branch right out our tent that she bent down far enough to get on and she rode the branch just like a horse. She even bucked a couple people off. She must have played on that branch for hours on Friday and then most of Sat. Super cute!!! Chandler loved playing in the rain. Oh my he is so cute. He was sooo dirty from head to toe. He enjoyed running around and having lots of new things to explore and boy did he explore. Jeremy and I had such a nice relaxing wonderful wet evening. Did I mention it rained again? It rained from about 7pm-10pm. The only thing Jeremy and I had to worry about were roasting marshmallows for our kids smores. Here is a picture of us soaking wet but man we were making smores for anyone that wanted them. We put our kids to bed around 9pm and the adults got together had some hot chocolate and visited. When the rain stopped we surrounded the campfire and played Scruples. Oh my gosh we laughed for about two hours. We all had so much fun. We finally called it a night at 1am. The kids slept until 7am. We all slept so well, even though our tent was a little wet. Because of course it rained. Giggles. Sat morning Jer got up and helped cook breakfast. I took some super cute pics of the kids and their adventures. We hope you enjoy the pictures. I know you have been wanting some pics so here you go. We will see our Utah friends & Family in just 3 days. yeah hooo we are so excited and ready to come home. We love and miss you all
Bastians in Georgia











Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Galan Family said...

I'm sad we weren't able to come. We love camping, but I'm not brave enough to camp without Perry. Sounds like guys had a blast. Maybe next year.

Staci said...

wow,, what fun! Looks like you all had a really great time! Sounds like a lot less work than when you went camping with Steph! I am glad you had fun.. and enough gas to get there! We miss you lots.. have a great time going home soak in every momment!
While I was reading your thing I was thinking.. oh my gosh did they really buy Brooklyn a horse.. good to see it was just a branch.. a horse in the military would be A LOT of work.. love you!

Stephanie said...

Curses the sickness that kept us from going camping! It probably was better that we didn't go, even though we did miss out on a kick butt fun time! Kayden looks very wet! Did he jump in after that Toad? Glad you had fun, and I'm glad that I got a good enough sleep at home so that I was able to go to the RS Conference session! Might not have been so the other way around.

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I am sooo jealous!!! I want to go camping!

Jamie said...

So fun. Except the cold rain, which I guess you are used to by this time :)

tfeathe said...

You know my idea of camping Tina, but for Ward Campouts... even I go cause they're so much fun! And of course it has to rain!!! And Kayden...LOL... I can't believe he actually ATE not one, but 3 crickets!!! Are you not feeding that child Tina!!! (giggles)

tin