Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day Camping

We went camping with our wonderful friends The Pynes. Erik,Stephanie,Elizabeth, Karlee and Jordan. We love the Pyne's. Erik suggested we all go camping this weekend. Stephanie and I researched where we wanted to camp. Well we didn't plan very well, the first place I called was completely booked. The next place I called you needed to stay for three nights. Jeremy couldn't go far because he didn't have a millage pass. Jeremy suggested we try Points west it's a military camping area 30 minutes from home. Stephanie and I got are kids off to school and went to points west. The camp ground is first come first serve. They opened at 10am so we wanted to make sure we were there to get a spot. Yeah no problem there was only one other family camping in area 7. Stephanie and I were so excited. We went and paid our $5.00 yep folks that all we had to pay for our beautiful campsite. Stephanie and I went to Wal-mart to pick up a few things for dinner and breakfast. I also wanted a camp table and screen for our canopy So Jeremy went to the Dicks sporting store to pick up the screen for our canopy. We shopped all morning packed all day and finally made it up to our camping spot around 5:30pm. It took a while to set up camp. We had two tents and the canopy. Stephanie worked on the fire for our dinner. Jeremy and Erik set up tents, (Erik also filled all the air mattresses.) I was doing prep for our dinner. Trying to get everything ready. The kids were in Heaven playing in the dirt and collecting shells. Of course if we were not so busy I could have taken pictures. Camping for one night is a lot of work... We finally got dinner cooked and sat down to eat at 8:15pm. LOL I know our poor kids. they are all use to eating at 5:30pm Yeah that so didn't happen. Well we got done eating and cleaning up we all gathered by the fire for some songs and smores. We had traditional smores, and smores with fudge shop cookies. YUMMY!!!! They are my favorite. Jeremy made raspberry peach cobbler. It didn't turn out as well as his others. We put the kids to bed at 11:30pm. I know crazy hu?? My two kiddos went right to sleep. Kayden had a hard time falling asleep. The adults went out to play games but we had to have all the lights out so the kids would go to sleep. We sat by the fire talking and enjoying the beauty that surrounded us. It was awesome to see the stars through the trees. Heavenly Father truly painted our evening with "Love"
Nobody slept very well. Stephanie could give you a play by play of what happened all night long she didn't sleep at all. That is what she gets for having her big huge comfy bed. We were all attacked by ants lots and lots of ants. I left the smores stuff out all the other food was put away well a skunk came and ate our smores left overs. WE have a picture of the after math. WE had a yummy breakfast pancakes, bacon, sausage, cheesy eggs and OJ it was so good. When we got finished the Pynes took camp down in like three minutes. It took us like all day. We all went swimming in the lake. Then went back to our camp and enjoyed lunch. The Pynes took our kids for a walk so Jeremy and I could take down our site. We made it home at 5pm. We were all so tired and really enjoyed just hanging out and watching a movie with the family. Needless to say everyone went to bed early. but we had a wonderful time camping. Thanks Pynes for inviting us.













7 comments:

Brandi said...

Silly question, but is the lake dirty/muddy, or does it just look murky and brown in the pictures? We've been thinking of going up there.

Stephanie said...

Yes Brandi, The lake is very muddy and murky! If you go outside the designated swimming area...I know, bad me...it gets a lot clearer! That is until you start walking around. We had tons of fun though, even if I didn't sleep much in my comfy bed. It only took me 5 days to recoup...I guess I'm getting older!! HaHa Tina, at least next time we will be better prepared, when and if we go camping there again! Ant Spray Baby!!!!!!

smitty's said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a great time. We are going to take our camping trip this month. That picture of the sun is beautiful. I love it.

Anonymous said...

How fun is that?? I have wanted to go camping for sooooo long! However, being in Arizona, if we went camping in the summer around here our brains would boil LOL!!

Tina you are so brave to go in that yucky muddy water! I woukd so be on the beach watching you guys splash around HA!

Staci said...

Way to go! We always talked about going but never did! (Unless the backyard counts!) Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
I am always amazed at how much work a simple overnight camping trip is! I think you have to go for 2 days to make it worth all the effort! Sounds like you had a great time! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a way fun camping trip way better than if everything had worked out. The ones where things go wrong are always the best.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys got to go ... we haven't been in FOREVER but also LOVE camping! I don't think anyone ever gets sleep!