Sorry, I didn’t have time to post my adventure yesterday. I talked to my family for hours when Jessenia went to bed so did I. what a fun day!
William and I had three adventure Oct 9,2018.
First, a trip to the War Eagle Cavern on Beaver Lake.
William and I were the first guests of the day. So the tour guides shared a lot of history and information about the area. We had to wait about 15-20 minutes before we got to see the cavern. We took the opportunity to walk around the area and take pictures. This place was decked out in fall and I loved it! By the time we started the tour one more couple showed up so the four of us headed down to the cavern.
This was more a “Show Cavern” not so natural. I mean it was naturally formed in areas but a lot of man made comforts. The cavern had electricity a path with handrails etc. we had to walk 50 feet into the cavern before we got into an area that was not man made. I wish we could have gone spelunking that would have taken us deep into the cavern with no lights, treading through the water and scooting on our bums through the cavern. Alas you needed reservations 48 hours in advanced. Boo! The cavern was still impressive and had plenty of beautiful formations. But my favorite part of the entire cavern was the stream that ran throughout. It sounded so peaceful and it was fun to touch the water and see how clear it was we were told we could drink it. However, neither will or I was brave enough to try. Ha! The cavern is the largest in Northwest Arkansas. The entrance is in a boxed canyon at the end of Devils Gap. ( What is it with Arkansas and naming things Devil this, devil that) the mouth of the cave is huge and was actually home to a family durning the Great Depression. Frank and Jesse James found refuge in this cavern. This cavern is home to over 100,000 bats. We got to see some of their layer and their huge pile of guano. We got to see salamanders but we didn’t get to see any bats. After our tour Will and I took a beautiful nature trail to an overlook to see the opening of the cave from the other side.
![]() |
| Add caption |



















0 comments:
Post a Comment