Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Sunday, December 2, 2018

In between the two General conference session William Jessenia and I went to explore the Peel Mansion museum and heritage gardens. We had about 40 min to kill before our tour started so we got to explore the garden and grounds first. We had a lot of fun trying to get the butterflies to land on us or our fingers. I’m sure this place is beautiful in the spring with tall the flowers in full bloom. 
At the start of our tour we were told how the mansion came about. Colonel Samuel West Peel wanted to marry this woman names Mary Emeline Berry. She wanted this beautiful big house and Colonel Samuel West Peel said if she would marry him he would build her a mansion and he did. In 1875 he built a beautiful Italianate Villa Style home. 
Samuel and Mary has a total of 11 kids. Their twins passed away and they raised 9 kids 6 girls and 3 boys. It was fun listening to the stories of the Peel family. I loved looking at all the old artifacts in the home. It was quite fascinating and super cool.


































0 comments: