I’m breaking my day up into three parts. First, I’m in Bentonville Arkansas hanging with my awesome Nephew and Niece. Bentonville is The Birthplace of Walmart. Naturally my first day exploring would be to start with The Walmart Museum.
Can I just yell you, the museum was awesome. Sam Walton was an amazing man, an entuproner, and a fabulous business man.
I loved all through the museum it had Walt’s quotes. One of my favorite Sam Walton quotes from 1962 in Rogers, Arkansas. He said,”I had no vision of the scope of what I would start. But I had confidence that as long as we did our work well and were good to our coustomers, there would be no limit to us.” Boy has that come true. Sam Walton started his first Walton’s 5-10 1950. In 1962 Sam Walton opens his first Walmart in Roger Arkansas. Walmart is the first company to reach 1 billion in annual sales in such a short period. In 1992 President George W. Bush presented Sam with The Presidential Medal of Freedom. Sam died in April 1992. In 1997 Walmart is the largest employee in the United States, with 720,000 associates. In 2016?walmart has 11,528 stores including 4,574 Walmart’s, 655 Sam’s Club in the United States. 6,299 international stores. Walmart employs 2.3 million associates world wide. Wow! That is so impressive.
 |
| The Walmart Museum |
 |
| First store in 1950 |
 |
My handsome Nephew William holding a magnet that says, "If I'm not at home i'm at Walmart". I think this is hilarious. |
 |
| What a Legacy Sam has left. AMAZING! |
 |
| All kinds of fun Pez candies I picked up for my kids. |
 |
| 1992 Sam Walton receives the Presidential Medal of Freedom. What an honor! |
 |
| Sam Waltons Rules for building a business. |
 |
| You could write on a post it note and put your message on the wall! |
 |
They had the funnest exhibit you pushed the button and it would put words up and take your picture. How fun is this? |
 |
| The customer is always #1 |
 |
| Will and I had so much fun with this new exhibit. |
 |
Sam Walton had two loves Walmart and Fishing. Here is his truck he used to go fishing. William and I had a great time and the Walmart Museum.
|
 |
| William and I ended the morning with a delicious ice cream from the 1050 |
0 comments:
Post a Comment