Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Trierer Weihnachtsmarkt

Jer and I in front of the Prota nigra in Trier.

The beautiful Porta Nigra in Trier

The City Centers are always decked out with a huge Christmas tree
and lots of lights.  We hit the market right when it opened so we didn't get to see
it all lite up.  

You can find these guys all over Europe.
People dress up and paint their entire body to earn a dollar.
This guy was pretty awesome.  When a Euro was placed in his bucket he did a little movement with his body
and wand.  It looked really awesome.  I can not imagine standing there all day just waiting for someone to
give me a couple Euros.  But they do look really awesome. 

Trierer Weihnachtsmarkt

I love that you can see all the building behind the Christmas market.
It really makes these markets magical. 

I was really surprised when we went to the market first
thing in the morning and it was still busy.  Not as crowded as at
night but I was expecting it to be dead.  Nope.  There is never a dead time at a Christmas Market
At least not that we have seen.  

I love all the Christmas market food.  Here is Jer getting us some Churros.


Me and my LOVE.
Christmas Markets make the best dates.

I really loved the mugs this year.  I like it when the mugs have the markets name.
We had to get the Kartoffelpuffer.  We tried this new dessert called Germknodel.
It's a yeast dumpling filled with cherry sauce and topped with a cream sauce with cherries.
It was so delicious. They had chocolate ones, and ones with just poppy seeds. 


Here you can see the Germknodel filled with Cherry Sauce.  YUMMM

0 comments: