Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Army Instructor Training Course

Here I am in  Las Vegas again! It seems to be my second home. However flying into Vegas this trip was an adventure.  We had a lot of turbulence and had to circle in the air for 1-1/2 hours. Las Vegas had a huge rain storm and it stopped all flights coming and going.  It turns out September 11, 2012 was the Wettest September day on Record. With more than 1.75 inch of rain. It caused a couple floods. It was crazy trying to drive with all the water, and traffic.  I tried to get some pictures but Alas the pictures didn't turn out. It's a good thing I had my I Phone because I was listening to Hilary Weeks.  She helped my keep calm and relax.  It was a little scary!!!

I was asked to attend the Army Instructors Training Course.  I was so excited to be given this opportunity.  The training was a lot of fun.  I made some great new friends.  I had to give a 10 minute presentation.  The topic I was given was Family Financial Readiness.  I was so excited.  I can talk about budgets no problem.  We had to make visual aids and hand outs for our presentation.  I was like wait I am not at home.  I do not have my cricut or all my paper supplies.  I wanted to make it really nice.  However, they had some supplies and I made it work.  We had to write an outline and then the class objectives. I was the first to give my presentation.  I got some really  nice feed back from Dana (One of the instructors).  She said, "I was a Natural! very confident which engages your class. She loved my use of visual aids. Said I was Well organized and made natural transitions and my presentation was nicely paced and had good volume." How nice was that?  I am now certified to teach any Army Community Service course.  Sweet!!!! My new goal is to become a Master Trainer

We stayed at the Spring Hills Suites.  The rooms were beautiful with lots of room and a refrigerator and Microwave. Which made eating lunch and snacks a breeze.

Here are my girls.  Our SFA Kelly Parson's and Birgitt Newlands

Out to dinner with the girls at one of Kelly's favorite restaurants in Terribles. Patzy Rubio, Lisset Jumenez, me, Kelly Parsons, and Birgitt Newlands.
Our first day of class.  Birgitt, Tina, and Lisset.

I love all our conference being in Las Vegas because I get to see My Brother Chad and his family.  Here I am with Blake and Aleah. 
Here I am getting my Certificate which now certifies me to teach all the Army Community Services classes.  AWESOME!

What are the odds that Kelly and I would have the same shirt?  Got to love Christopher & Banks.

I got to eat at one of my favorite Restaurants.  I love this place.

Here is our Group!

Our Instructors Kathy, Dana,Joe,and Cindy

This guy was amazing.  This picture of 9-11 was done using only Spray paint.  It was unbelievable.  We stayed and watched him paint 3-4 pictures.  Birgitt purchased this art.  Talk about fascinating.

These street performers were awesome.  This guy is so strong. Here he is holding them up with only one arm.

Now they added another person.  Still holding with only one arm

Now look no arms.  He is holding them up with his ABS.  CRAZY!!!






0 comments: