Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jer's Back Surgery


Jeremy had his back surgery Monday March 2nd.
He is doing awesome. His surgery
was about 3 1/2 hours. The surgery went just as Dr. Davidson had planned.
They were able to remove the bad disc and replace it with a artificial one.
They did not need to fuse the vertebrae together. That is a blessing.

Jeremy has had many visitors. Several people from his work and our ward has stopped by to give their love and support.
But tonight we had some special guests. Three Bull Dogs came to see Jeremy. It was so fun to pet them. Boy
we sure miss our Poo Dogs.

Tonight Jeremy walked. He was such a trooper. You wouldn't think it would be hard to walk
up and down the hall but it was super hard. Jer did it though. He had a hard time getting up
this morning. He went really white and almost fainted. They had to give him more oxygen.
He was so sick. WE tired again this afternoon and he was able to sit in a regular chair for a little while.
He is doing so good. The Dr. Davidson said if he keeps going like this we will be able to come home
on Friday. I can't wait to have my sweet hubby home. It's so hard to leave him at the hospital.
I have to come home and take care of our three kids.
We have some wonderful friends that are helping us take care of the kids after school.
We love you all and wanted to say thanks for all your help and for all the prayers in
Jeremy's behalf. I will keep you all posted.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Brandi said...

O.K., who the heck brought DOGS into the hospital? And who let them in!?!

Unless they are trained service dogs (like a seeing eye dog or therapy dog, etc...) I'm going to be really, really peeved that A. someone had the audacity to bring them in and B. Eisenhower let them.

O.K., done with my dog rant. I'm glad everything is going well with Jeremy!

I'm bringing you chicken parmigiana and cheesy garlic bread on Friday (or keeping your kids, but we'll hope for dinner, right?)

Rachel said...

I'm so glad it is going well! We've had you in our prayers!! I love the sepia picture of Jeremy with your kids! So cute! You're such a talented photographer! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help out!

Nicole said...

Glad to hear things went well! Hopefully he'll be back home with you on Friday, and soon enough he'll feel like a new man!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and Tina,

I am so so glad that things went well! What a blessing to be recovering so well! I wish we were closer to be taking care of you guys too!

Love Ya!

Sylwia said...

hope jeremy gets better soon!

Dan and Megan said...

I am sorry to hear that Jeremy Had to go to the hospital but it looks like other than that your family is doing really well. We miss you around here.
Megan

Stephanie said...

Nice hospital-gown-old-man-walker shot! ;)

Way to go on the walking Jeremy!

Baby steps down the hall. Baby steps to the chair. Baby steps home! YEAH!

Hope Jeremy gets to go home on Friday!

Jamie said...

Hope the recovery is quick!!

Anonymous said...

It is so cool that you are at a hospital that is using Animal Therapy, that is awesome!
I am glad to hear Jeremy is doing so well. He is such a trooper so I guess it isn't a surprise.