Being in the Army, always brings on change and big surprise. We are not exempt from these wonderful blessings. Jeremy received an e-mail telling him he was DA Selected to become an Army Recruiter. (Jeremy is not excited, he would rather chew off his right arm than become a recruiter.) We have no way of getting out of this assignment. He can't even be deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan. He attends recruiter school June 15-July 31st. We will know where we are going the week of July 5th. We get to submit 9 different places we would like to go. We are looking at Florida, Texas, Utah, North Carolina, and Arizona. Tina and the kids are going to Utah for the 6 week school.
Because we are leaving for 6 weeks and will most likely have to rent a house in our new area, we have chosen to find new homes for our beautiful wonderful poo dogs. This was a really hard decision. We love our dogs so much... We have cried for many days. (yes all of us) We just do not have the money to fly them home for 6 weeks, or kennel,or pay Friends to keep them for 6 weeks. We also will not be living on a Military base or the chance is slim, so we have to find a rental. It's hard enough trying to find a rental for our family then have to accommodate our beautiful dogs. WE have very little time to find a place to live and move. WE will be moving sometime in August. We will be staying in several hotels along the way. WE are very sad to loose two family members.
But we were very blessed in the homes we found for them, when we made the decision we were going to find new homes for our dogs it happened really fast. I am talking one day for Ceaser and two days for Zoey.
Ceaser went to a wonderful family "The Brown's". They are going to spoil Ceaser. It's just Mr & Mrs Brown their son is in college. So Ceaser gets to hang out with adults all day and be spoiled. Mrs Brown even said she would send me pictures of Ceaser. (now that's my kind of owner!) When it was time for him to leave, Ceaser jumped right into their car. I know he is going to be so happy. We love Ceaser so much. He has been a member of our family for 5 years. It's really hard to let him go... but we know this is what we need to do. We love our Ceaser!!!





As for Zoey she has been in our family for 7 months. She has been such a joy to have. It's been fun to have a dog that actually wants to play all the time. Ceaser was a little stuck up in that department. Zoey was so full of life. WE finally got her potty trained and kennel trained.
Zoey is going to be in heaven she is going to live with The Perez's on the farm. They already have three beagles. Mr. Perez trains them to hunt rabbit. Zoey will be doing what her breed of dog is meant to do. Not only that but she will have lots of friends. Zoey will also become a MOM. Maybe we will get one of her puppies. That would be really cool. WE love you Zoey!!!




We feel really blessed that we were able to find such wonderful homes for our poo dogs. I am super happy it happened so fast. We will miss our poo dogs. Here is a tribute to them. I am posting some of our favorite pictures.





11 comments:
Wow that was really fast! I'm glad you found good homes for our cutie dogs. I wish I wasn't allergic, I would have hounded Erik until I could at least get Ceasar. Oh well! It's best this way.
What in the world are you going to do when Chandler is at school and you are home alone. That will be an adjustment, but I'm sure you will get used to it quickly like I did.
I sure hope you get the place you want!
I'm so sorry about the dogs! I'm glad they have good homes to go to. Heck, as much as I hate dogs even I would have taken Caesar if he really needed a home.
Can I just say once and for all you can't move away? You can't. I won't allow it.
I can't believe you have gotten them homes already.. I would have waited until the last minute, I would have found them homes now, but not given them away until the day we left. I guess what ever works! Hopefully you will get the assignment that you want and you can get a new dog there!
Wow, this is really sad for you guys. We don't even have a pet so I can only imagine how hard it would be for you and your kids to give up a member of your little family. But that's the way military life is sometimes. Glad you already found great homes for them.
wow, so glad you found homes for your cute little dogs. Good luck with everything
OH....I'm sorry! That has got to be so hard!
OH Tina, that made me so sad! You made me cry!!
Well I hope you are coming to Arizona!! I know I'm selfish...but it would be nice to have you close to me! Love You!! Jeremy, you will be an awesome recruiter... and hey with the economy the way it is you will be having to turn people away!! I hear that is what they are having to do here....
You are in our prayers!
I am so sorry! What a great tribute to them. I know how much they mean to you. I am glad they have such wonderful homes. I think it is good that you got them their homes so quickly, rip off the band aid.
Hey, I don't see Germany in that list!! Don't they need recruiters here too? For something... I don't know!
I'm soooo sad for you; I know how much you loved your puppy babies, but how wonderful they have great homes to go to! Sometimes we really want to have a dog too, but military moves... you're all very brave and I know you'll always keep a special place in your heart for them, as they will for you.
I am sorry to hear you had to find new homes for your dogs-I am sure that has been really hard for you all-they really become parts of our families-How are you doing? We are thinking about going to Walt Disney World for our 10th anniversary-we got a great deal-have you been before? Do you have any pointers? I hope you are all well-take care.
What an exciting time for your family. Change is always a good thing....not necessarily easy. Thats sad news about your little doggies but way cool that you found great homes for them so quickly.
Post a Comment