Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

FHE/Birthday Party/Gingerbread Houses

We had a little FHE party for Rebecca for her Birthday. We had a wonderful lasagna Dinner. Jer made his famous lasagna. Stephanie made all the side. We had a fun little party. We played Christmas Bing, Balloon wars, and had Cake and Ice Cream. We also attempted to make gingerbread houses. I said Attempted. I failed miserably. Story to come at end of post. Here we are all ready for our balloon war. Who is going to win???

Playing Christmas bingo, The winner gets a yummy candy bar.

I know you are all jealous of this picture. I can't believe Jer took it. Oh my gosh this just sums up the whole Gingerbread house night. We planned on making 2 Gingerbread houses and one Christmas tree. Kayden, put the Christmas tree together. He did a fantastic job. I was so proud of him. He just put the icing on and made the cutest tree. I forgot to take a picture of the finished project. We sent it home with the Birthday Girl.
Okay so Stephanie made the icing and lets just say it was super runny,(She followed the directions.)but it made the icing sooo runny. The icing ran down Stephanie's shirt all over her hands. We were laughing so hard. The silly walls and roof wouldn't stay on. It was crazy. I wanted to throw in the towel. The kids were being so patient waiting for their Gingerbread house. Rebecca started reading them a story to keep them busy while we tired to get the house to stick. Yeah no such luck, I was so frustrated!!! GRRRRR




oh this is so funny!!! The icing is going everywhere. But man we are having a blast.




Maybe this way will work, then again maybe not!!!

Okay we called in our Birthday girl for some help. Yeah still no luck. GRRR These darn Gingerbread houses. They have never been this difficult. We put one together every year. What is the problem????

So tonight Stephanie brings me a little treat. My very own Gingerbread House.check out Stephanie's master piece. She stayed up until 2am finishing This Gingerbread House. It's amazing, look at all the detail, can you see the gummy tree? She worked so hard on this Gingerbread house. She would/could win any competition out there. Can you believe she gave it to me? I was so finished with the gingerbread houses. They were not working, it was almost 9pm. My kids should have been in be an hour ago. I was so frazzled and ready to go home. I just left all the candy and all the supplies and houses at her house. I was like have fun.
She built it, decorated it, and gave it to me.
Wow Stephanie you are amazing.!!! I would have been like you snooze you loose.
I love my Gingerbread house. Thanks so much...


This is the back end wow does it ever end. It's so beautiful.



The side. Look at all the detail.





Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, what a gorgeous gingerbread house. Looks like you had a lot of fun that night!

Colemans said...

Ummm...so yeah...we stopped doing those crazy houses because I finally watched the home video's and realized how stressfull they are!! This year we opted for the rice crispie house. Much better, If I do say so and I do. lol You guys should have added powdered sugar to the frosting to thicken it up. lol Better luck next time......If there is a next time! ha Cute post! :)

Staci said...

I've never built a gingerbread house.. after watching you two.. I may not ever attempt it.. nice job steph on the final project!

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

Wow--that's a neat gingerbread house! I haven't made one for years, and after looking at your "before" pictures, I think I remember why. :)

Stephanie said...

So, I would just like to say that I had never made icing for a gingerbread house before, and it wasn't until that night that I was like, "DUH, all I had to do was add more powdered sugar!!!!" Oh well, you live, you learn and next time it won't be so crazy! It all worked out in the end, the runny frosting was great for dripping snow off the roof and for putting snow on the "ground". I'm glad you like your gingerbread house. I didn't want our little experience to ruin the fun for future years. (Note to self...extra powdered sugar, our better yet get the one with the pre-made frosting!!!!;)
I would also just like to say that Tina was the one that started to decorate the house and I just picked up where she left off.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think there was anything you couldn't make. I know they are super hard. I have to make mine with Mandi or I can't make them even with the kits.
The one you have now looks great.

Unknown said...

you know, i have never made a gingerbread house! you have inspired me...

Anonymous said...

The fun Adventures you have Tina make me laugh!! That was so awesome of Stephanie to make you one! Good job Stephanie!