Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Ooh La La! A day in Paris

I have always wanted to visit Paris, the city of Love. 
 Jeremy, surprised me with a Day in Paris to include a city tour, dinner and an evening boat cruise.
Oh I can't tell you how excited I was.  I have the best husband in the world.
It started off at 3am in the morning.  We got to the bus which left promptly at 4am.  It's nice having someone else do the driving for you, so you can just snuggle up to each other and sleep. 
Which is exactly what we did.  Well, until the bus stopped for breakfast. 
Bon Voyage!
Our day was so full.  We started the day off with a stop at the Eiffle Tower.  (See blog post La Tour Eiffel) after we went on an hour long city bus tour. We got to see Nortre Dam Cathedral, Lourvre , Arc De Triomphe, Palais de Chaillot, and many more sites.  This really was super helpful as it gave us an overview of Paris and where everything was.  After our tour we had 5 1/2 hours of free time to walk and explore Paris.  Let me tell you that was NOT enough time.  This charming country full of french culture was just so awesome.  I felt a little overwhelmed by all the history and just how much Paris had to offer.  I think I could plan a weeks vacation and still not see everything.  We spent most of our time in Nortre Dame Cathedral (See blog post of Nortre Dame), and The Lourvre, (See blog post Lourvre) 
We got to visit  Dome des Invalides, the home of Napoleon's Tomb.
One of the things that caught my eye in Paris was down every road their was a different design street lamp.
They were super awesome.  I loved this particular picture with the beautiful street lamps on Pont Alexandre Bridge with the Eiffel tower in the background.  Pure Beauty.   It was pouring rain in this picture which is why it is so dark and cloudy.  Luckily the rain only lasted about an hour.   I think Pont Alexandre is the most beautiful bridge in Paris.
Fontaine de la Concorde


Look at this cool Street Lamp.
The Arc de Triomphe
"The Gate to Heaven."
The Palais Garnier
another place I want to explore more.  
For lunch Jer and I had delicious savory chicken, mushroom, and cheese Crepes.
Bon Appetit!
The Golden Gate at the La Sainte Chapelle.
I want to go inside the palace next visit. 
Pont Neuf Bridge
The oldest standing bridge across the Seine River. 
This was our view just walking along the river.

This frenchman was playing music on the bridge to make some money.
He was really good.  Jer gave him some money and we got a picture.
I think I feel in love with Paris all over when we got to try some of their pastries.
They really are as good as everyone says.  Our tour guide said that Paris loves it's butter and you can tell because these pastries were so flakey and delectable.  YUMMMM
We absolutely needed to try the famous macarons. Jer, and I had a great time picking flavors to try. They had over 25 flavors.  CRAZY. These rainbow colored macarons were just oozing with buttercream or ganache.
I didn't really like the hard outer layer.  However, the inside was delicious, full of flavor and keep me coming back for more.  These macarons actually made it home and all the kids got to try them with us.  We also had some handmade chocolate truffles.  It would be fun to learn how to make them.  
We had an authentic five-course meal at Sud Ouest I'Escarmouche
We got to sit with our new friends Sonja and Mark.
We spent the next 2 hours eating delicious french food, fun conversation, and live entertainment.
Jeremy ordered the Snails. UGGHHH, Yuck!  However, Jeremy said they were delicious.
Sonja loved them so much she even drank the juice out of the shell.  Gross!  
I had the Amazing French Onion Soup.
 It was delicious even Jeremy thought it was good.
Jermey had the Traditional Burgundy Beef and potatoes.
The Beef was so yummy.
It just fell a part as you tried to get a fork full.  The flavor had your taste buds dancing with joy as all the flavors came together and made the perfect bite. 
I had the Chicken in Wine Sauce.
This dish was just okay.  It was not my favorite.  I had to laugh at the one piece of broccoli. 

After the main course we had some assorted cheese.
 Blue cheese, Brie, Swiss
The blue cheese was so strong, I  could only eat a little piece. I was so excited I actually tried it.  It was not yummy and I don't ever need to eat it again.  
For Dessert Jer and I shared
Chocolate Mousse.  It was perfect and melted in your mouth.
And an Apple Tart.
The presentation was super cute.  The flavor and taste left something to be desired.
So luckily we had the chocolate Mousse.  
Another highlight of the perfect day was seeing the "La Ville-Lumiere"
The city of LIGHTS!
The lights of Paris are magnificent. 
Here we are on the boat cruise.  
Notre Dame de Paris
La Tour Eiffel 
La Paris from the boat.

Pont Neuf Bridge
Pont Alexandre Bridge 
The other side of Pont Alexandre Bridge.
Today, in Paris was absolutely perfect in every way.  We loved the French culture and charm.  And I just can't get over the beauty of the City of Lights.   I loved exploring with the love of my life.
I just wish we had more time.  I feel like we had a little taste of what Paris has to offer and I can't wait to come back.
Au Revoir!

0 comments: