Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Monday, December 7, 2015

Mannheim Christmas Market

Rebekah & Emma invited us to go to a couple Christmas Markets with them.  The first market we explored was in Mannheim it took about an hour to get to Mannheim. The car ride was full of fun and laughter.  The girls sang Christmas songs.  Parking was pretty easy. We found a open parking lot about 3-4 blocks from the market.  This market has approximately 200 booths full of fun German trinkets and yummy German food. They had an amazing Christmas ornament store that I bought the cutest snowflake ornament. Oh these markets are just so magical.

Brooklyn and I in front of this tall Christmas Pyramid.

Here is Mannheim Christmas market Mug.
Look how fun the picture is, this mug didn't have the date.
Brooklyn and I enjoying this deliciousness.
It was a fresh Baguette with Garlic Butter, Salami, and cheese all toasted together.

One of the Streets on the Market.

Look, Santa! I know that Guy.  
 The German Lebkuchen:
The original Gingerbread is very popular at the
Christmas markets.  
German Reibekuchen its a fried potato fritter or potato pancake.
  It reminds me of the Latkes we made last year for Hanukkah. I think they are almost the same thing
only these Reibekuchen do not have onions. 
When it gets dark the Christmas Market really comes alive and turns MAGICAL!
Brooklyn, with Good old St. Nick
This little treat is called Baumkuchen or Chimney Cakes.
They are super hot and super delicious.
You take yeast dough, roll it around a thick wooden spit, brush with butter and white sugar, and roast over a charcoal fire.
They usually add Cinnamon and Sugar, or Cocoa powder after taking it off the fire.  It is served steaming hot.  YUMM I want to try and find a recipe so we can make this at home. 
We had such a wonderful time with our friends
Tanae &Alexia Sorenson, Emma, Rebeka Moak, and Brooklyn( I'm taking the picture.)
Magic I tell you, MAGIC!
I love this picture!

0 comments: