The second market we went to on Saturday was Heidelberg it took 30 minutes to drive from Mannheim to Heidelberg. Parking in Heidelberg was a little tricky. We tried to find parking around the market and it was packed. We ended up waiting in a line for about 40 minutes to get into the parking garage a couple block from the market. Good thing we were with our friends because we had so much fun just waiting, talking, and singing songs.
I loved that I had been to Heidelberg and knew where I was and how to get to the Castle. *Note to self always explore the city before the Christmas markets so you can navigate.
Heidelberg blew my mind. They had 5 different Christmas markets. It was amazing! Not only was the market huge but having the castle in the background was breathtaking. I loved that the lights on the castle changed colors. Green, Red, Purple. This is one of my favorite towns in Germany.
After we got finished with the markets in the streets we hiked up to the castle. Oh my gosh it was gorgeous. I love this castle,it's so majestic. Unfortunately the market at the castle was closing at 9:30pm. So next year we will have to hit the castle market first. I can't wait to go back next year.
 |
0 comments:
Post a Comment