Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple Capital of the World

We are moving to Wenatchee, WA. It's a small town in the center of Washington State.
The Town of Wenatchee is the Apple capital of the World. Can't wait to eat some fresh fruit and veggies from the awesome farmers markets.
Wenatchee is 45 minutes from any interstate.
2 hours to any major city or International airport.
2-3 hours to a temple. So Sad! But on a happier note I have three temples within a 2- 3 hour drive. Seattle, Spokane, and Columbia River.
When you think of Washington you think of lots of rain right? Well not in Wenatchee
can you say S-N-O-W. I am not excited. I love the nice warm weather. (Darn Hawaii and Georgia.) My kids are super excited. I am a little excited we found a tubing park. That sounds fun. Or going on a snowmobile ride. How fun is that? Not to mention the Hocky team. I have never been to a hocky game. That will be interesting.So many fun things to do in Wenatchee.
WE have 300 days of Sunshine.
We have a fun Candy Factory.
Lots of camping, hiking, swimming, bike trails,lots of orchards. oh did I mention S-N-O-W ?

We are super excited to move. Jeremy has 4 1/2 more weeks of school. YEAH!!!

We are going to do a ditty move. I know crazy! We want to move the week of Thanksgiving to try and avoid as much snow as possible. That's only 7 weeks away. So Crazy!

Jer and I sat down and planned out our trip. We are going to take 7-8 days and a little vacation. We are going to see our friends the Pynes in Kentucky,Go to Independence Missouri and Liberty Jail, Mt Rushmore in Rapid city South Dakota, Devils Tower & Little Big Horn, all on our way. What a fun trip.
We already have boxes and packing supplies. Now we just need to get a truck and our friends to help and we are on our way to our new adventure in Wenatchee WA.

10 comments:

Sylwia said...

so so sad to see you go. the frumpies are all moving away for new adventures. wanatchee sounds like a good place, i should know, i've done plenty of research about it. i bet that if i suddenly found myself in wenatchee, i'd know my way around town! :)

Tina said...

Sylwia,
it's for when you visit! wink wink

C I have my ways. LOL

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

So, I guess this means no Black Friday shopping this year.

You're not allowed to move.

Anonymous said...

Tina,

I am so excited for you guys! I think this move is going to be a wonderful experience for you guys!! Washington is a beautiful state!! I am sad you guys didn't get AZ though... maybe someday I'll have you guys here!!

Want some boxes... I have about 40... come and get em!

Anonymous said...

I love that you always find the cool things about where you are living.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

yeah for Washington... although sounds like not so much for the snow! hope the move and trip go well! keep in touch!

Monique said...

Good luck with everything! You will love Liberty Jail. You are great at finding the Joy in your Journey!

Leisa, Cory and Suzie Galloway said...

Wow! That's really exciting. Good luck with the move! 8)

The Child Family said...

YAY! I bet you are so happy that you found out where you and your family are going!I hope with you moving then you will be able to be settled in your home by Christmas! Good luck!