We spent the rest of the day at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge in Folkston GA. This park was so beautiful. It's amazing seeing wildlife in their natural habitat. The only stinky part was we didn't see as many birds, or animals here as we did at the private section. We were able to do a really fun hike. We hiked up to the observation deck. Wow it was so beautiful. You could see for miles and miles. We all had a lot of fun with our binoculars.
Pictures from the observation tower

if we were not walking on the board walk this is what we would be walking in. YUCKY!

Here are the kids being silly as they walk to the observation deck. I love Chandlers face. Super cute. (can this boy ever just smile at the camera?)

Look how beautiful! Awee we were surrounded by God's Beauty for two days..

Our side view as we walked to the observation deck.

The kids enjoying nature at it's best.

We were able to visit the Okefenokee Museum. We watched a movie all about the swamp and we even got to play and do some hands on experiments.

The Swamp is known for it's "Black Water". Can you believe you could drink the water? yep it is safe. Although I don't think I could drink it. It looks so nasty. You could actually live in the swamp, many early settlers did. The swamp has medicine plants, they have plants that create soap. How cool is that? You just rub the leaves together and it creates soap. It was amazing.

Here we are getting ready for our second 90 min boat ride into the swamp.

The Family at the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge

Here is an alligator coming towards us. I was amazed how they let us look ant take lots and lots of pictures. I was a little nervous, I was like any minute this alligator is going to jump out of the water and start chasing us. Thank Heaven they didn't. They really are very fascinating.

We saw alligators in the water on land in the marsh lands. Everywhere it was so amazing.

So many fascinating plants in the swamp. But the water Lilly was one of my favorites. Do you see the turtle?

Another thing that amazed me were the trees and all the Spanish Moss. it was so beautiful. So many wonderful creations we were able to enjoy.

More of the swamp on our boat ride.

More beauty. And look how nice the weather was for our little outing.

My family on our second boat ride.
7 comments:
that looks awesome. can't wait to go. you'll have to tell me the dos and don't at our meeting tonight!
Holy crap.. that looks like so much fun! James would love it there! Maybe next time we are in the South we will have to go there! It looks like you guys had such a great time!
My favorite is the family photo with "grandpa" possing like he belongs to the family. Very nice!
CUTE FAMILY!! It looks like you had so much fun!! Those gators would have made me so scared! Looks like a beautiful place-How is Jeremys' back doing? I hope he is doing well-take care!
Looks like you guys had so much fun. I would love to go and do something like that. I love how many shots you got of the alligators.
What a fun vacation! It seems like you guys had such a wonderful experience, YAY! for wonderful family memories.
That is truly a beautiful place! Heavenly Father is a true artist isn't he? I just love the pictures of the kids on the boardwalk!
You guys always go on the neatest adventures!
That picture of the alligator, half in and out of the water and eying you suspiciously, is FREAKY!!
I really wonder how my kids would react. It looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment