Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Berlin Zoo

The kids and I got up early checked out of our hotel and made the hour drive to Berlin.  
We got to hotel a little before 9:00am. I was a little freaked out because when we got to the hotel it was downtown in the middle of the city.  There was no where to park.  We had reserved a parking spot I was like what on earth.  We called the hotel and they didn't speak english.  I had Kayden go into the hotel and find out where our parking was. 
We had to drive to this little ally. My heart sank when I saw where I had to go
for this parking spot.  When Jeremy had called to reserve the spot, he asked if their parking
spot would be big enough for our American car.  The guy assured him it would fit our American car but not that it would be this hard to get to it.
It was kind of SCARY!
Our hotel was this beautiful 2 bedroom apartment.  



Look at this beautiful fireplace.

We had a full Kitchen

Another room. 
We totally conquered public transportation.
We had a rough start...  But once we figured it out we mastered it.
We were able to use the trains and the underground. Feeling super accomplished.
Jeremy made sure that we all knew the map and understood how to work the system.
It is a little confusing to know which way the underground was going.  But the Trains were awesome.
They totally told you where they were going it was super easy once we figured it out.   
Our first order of business was the Berlin Zoo
The Berlin Zoologial Garden is the eldest and the best known zoo in Germany.
This zoo was not as impressive as the Leipzig Zoo.  We absolutely loved the Leipzig Zoo.
The Berlin Zoo was super small.  We were really shocked at how little it was and how many animals
they were missing.  No lions, tigers, panda's, although all of those animals are suppose to
be at the zoo.   Someone even said this was the biggest zoo with the most species.  I do not believe them.
The zoo was lacking for sure.  It was still fun to hang out at the zoo with my kids. 

I love these kids of mine.
Spring Break 2017
The kids were trying to be like the Lazy Bear!
Loved hanging out with the Rhinos. 
We got to hang out with this babybear.  He was adorable.
He was running all around and jumping up on his Mom.
This cute little bear was so full of life and just made us smile. 

We got to watch this cute new little Monkey. I love spring time at the zoo.
You get to see all the new babies.  This Monkey Mother was so protective of her baby.
I was able to sneak this picture. SOOOOO Cute!
The kids hate how long I spend in the monkey building.  I think I could stay here for several hours.
I love them so much.  They are so fun they are always busy doing something. 
The Seals are always sunbathing. 
Kayden, Brooklyn, and Chandler at the petting zoo.
Brooklyn had so much fun feeding the goats. 
Chandler feeding the goats. 
We got to see baby sheep.  ADORABLE!
These cute little otters were making a nest.  
This was a mother and her baby and they were playing.
The mother would bite the baby and the baby would run around and come back for more.
It was so fun to watch this cute relationship it reminds me of my relationship with my kiddos.
I was mezmorized by these Jelly Fish.
There were so many and they are just facinating. 

Can you see all the goats on the rock?  How many can you see?
We bought a double ticket to the zoo and the little Aquarium.
It's funny how the animals in this building were animals in a regualar zoo.
So I'm not entirely sure why they were seperate?
But I'm glad we got to see the reptiles, fish, and insects.
Kayden (17) at The Berlin Zoo.
Brooklyn (14) at the Berlin Zoo.
Chandler (11) at the Berlin Zoo.

0 comments: