Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thanksgviving with Missionaries

Brooklyn, wanted to stay home from school on Wednesday and help cook. We  had a lot of cooking to do because we plan on feeding about 30 people for Thanksgiving.  We got all our dishes and recipes out so we could be prepared to cook all day.   Brooklyn, said "Wow Mom when you said we would be cooking all day, I didn't  think  we  would be cooking  ALL NIGHT too!"   That's what happens when you have a mother that is all about DETAILS!!!  (or the pies take an hour each to bake.) We had so much fun cooking together and making lots of memories.  I love my Baby Girl.

Brooklyn, made this pie all by herself.  (I made the crust.)  It's a pumpkin Cheesecake Pie. A cream cheese layer on the bottom of the crust and then a regular pumpkin pie in the middle.  it was her idea to cut the turkey out of the pie crust.  She cut and decorated all the leaves.  Brooklyn said," I think I just started a new tradition."  She is indeed her mother's daughter.  I love that she put her own twist on one of my favorite traditions.  Decoration the crust of pies.  So now we not only have the best tasting pies but the cutest as well.  I love Holidays and Traditions.

Another favorite tradition making turkey's for the place settings. The turkeys turned out so cute.

This is pretty much all Dallin and Chandler did.  Played, Played, and Played some more.

Paige and Kayden made the "Turkey Vegetable Plater".

Kendyl and Brooklyn made the "Relish Turkey Plater"

This picture turned out so cute.  Jeremy just had to Photo Bomb. 

Cute Turkey  Fantastic job Paige and Kayden!

Kendyl and Brookyn with their turkey creation.

Super cute turkey ladies. 
They didn't have any pictures to go off of.  They created this turkey without Pintrest.  Wow!!!!

Jeremy, made this turkey from a  picture his mom sent us on Facebook.   Look how cute it turned out Mom?

Do you see a theme???  Yes, Turkey Appetizers.

Not only did I cook and clean I also helped decorate.  Che made these beautiful center pieces.  It was my job to tie beautiful raffia bows.  They turned out amazing!!!

I had to do a quadruple my batch of rolls.  So I used the biggest pan I had.  Worked like a charm.
  That is a lot of dough for yummy rolls!!!!


Here are all our appetizers. 

Our beautiful Centerpieces and tables. 

We had 24 people come and enjoy Thanksgiving at our house.
 We also gave Thanksgiving Dinner to 6 soldiers that had to work.

The missionaries finally arrived.  There were some issues getting them on post. But we got it all worked out and they are here.  Yeah!!!  The party can begin. 

  I hope they are hungry because we have a lot of food.

The line to get food.

The kids table and Dusty.

4 Men in the kitchen?  Have you ever seen 4 men in the Kitchen?  Now if only they were HELPING.  Ha ha ha!!!

Dusty hanging with the kids.  His family is still in Washington.  He is on a TDY for 9 months without them.  We are glad he could come over and enjoy Thanksgiving with us.

Our pies. YUMMY!!!! 
Che also made a lemon Cheesecake yumminess!

Kayden really was in Heaven.  He just loved hanging with the Missionaries. 

Here is our group of Missionaries and the kids.

Being Silly!

Che and I finally got to sit down and eat Thanksgiving Dinner around 6:30pm. It was a crazy busy day. Lots of cooking driving and arranging needed to happen so all of these wonderful people could have Thanksgiving Dinner.  It was So worth all the work to feed all these awesome people.  The Missionaries were all so happy and so grateful they got to have a  yummy American Thanksgiving. (No we did not have any Kimchi)  The soldiers were so thankful they got to have a little bit of Thanksgiving even if they had to work.  

I really wish I would have taken family and couple pictures.  But we were just too busy making memories and plates we just didn't get to the camera.  Good thing we have lots of other pictures to help keep the memories alive.  Thanks to all the Missionaries who traveled a couple hours to spend thanksgiving with us.  Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

0 comments: