Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Monday, January 28, 2013

Loriann's Dr. Seuss Baby Shower!

I was so excited to throw this baby shower  It all turned out so cute.  Loriann & Jason are not going to find out the sex to their little peanut so Loriann said I could choose between "Woodland Animals" or "Dr. Seuss".  I really liked the idea of Dr. Seuss,  I immediately started thinking about all the fun patterns and bold bright colors.  Here are the super cute invitations I made for her. They turned out so stinken cute.  For the last couple months I went crazy making lots of truffula trees, and candy dishes, handmade paper shoes for party favors.  I really enjoyed putting on this Shower for Loriann.  

I also made these cute Thank You cards.  Very fun!!!  Love the colors and patterns.

Here is the entry way to the "One of a kind" Dr. Seuss Baby shower. Do you see the cute truffula trees?
These pictures do not do the decorating justice.  It was adorable.  The sunlight in the background was not my friend.  Boo.  But you can kind of see how cute it is.  
We had some really fun food: green eggs and ham, fruit tarts, cupcakes, and lots of candy.  We made candy cane name place holders.  The morning of the shower Joy, Shana, Mom, and I went through all the Dr. Seuss books to find cute coordinating names for the food and drinks.  I wish I would have wrote them all down.  They were all adorable.  One of Loriann's best friends Ashley helped with the food.  It was all so yummy!!!! and very Dr. Seuss!
This is a better picture of the food.  Fun Fun I just love all the colors.
This is the drink table.  I thought it would be fun to have a silly straw for all the guest. Oh the possibilities.  See what I mean? What a fun Baby Shower!
Now you can see the cute candy cane name holders.  This punch was so fun to make.  
This was the first thing the guests did.  They signed Loriann's book. Oh, the places you will go by Dr. Seuss. We wanted her guest to sign the book and give a little advice for the mother to be.  Mom Bastian helped me with the cute sign.  I also had the guests put their address on an envelope so when Loriann was ready to send out Thank You Cards they were ready for her.  
We turned Mom's house into a Dr. Seuss haven.  We had Dr. Seuss hanging from the ceiling, we had truffula trees all over and Jeremy even decorated the doors. 
Here are the party favors. I made everyone a cute little paper booty filled with peppermint candy.  How cute are they?
And here is the Star, Loraiann and Baby Hemsley.
Loriann opening some super cute gifts.
Aweee, I love this little outfit.
Loriann, Ashley, and I can't remember her name.  They are all friends from High School.
Time to eat.
Catching up; it's been a while.
I just love baby showers.  So much fun.
Everyone was having such a great time talking we didn't want to start any games yet.
Loriann didn't want too many games.  She said we could do one or two.  So we had a Dr. Seuss trivia.  The trivia was taken from Dr. Seuss books and was missing a word or phrase that you had to fill in.  
Everyone working hard on their game. Aunt Shana won lots of candy for getting the most correct. 
Dr. Seuss books yeah!!!
Loriann, received lots of cute things for her new bundle of Joy.
How cute is this little vest.  If it's a boy add a cute blue or orange shirt and a girl add a cute purple or pink shirt.  Soooo stinken cute!

Loriann's guests

Loriann's guests with me.

Sister's and Mom

This is one of my favorite pictures.  I love my family.

Mothers

These girls were so excited they finally got to attend a BabyShower.  I'm not sure if the other girls have been to a baby shower before but this was Brooklyn's first and she was soooo excited.  She thought it was awesome!!!!


Some of Loriann's Best-est Friends!!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: