Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fun in Utah

I think it's about time I updated my blog. We are having so much fun in Utah, I am not sure we will come home. LOL We are being spoiled with all our family. It's so nice to have everyone ooohhh and aweeee over you. Okay I am going to sum up our activities. Yes, this is going to be a long long post. With way too many pictures. Would you expect anything else?
Flying to Utah was a nightmare. NO, not the kids the flights. We got up at 5am to drive to Atlanta so we could catch our flight it turned out that our flight from chicago to SLC had been cancelled. Yeah, Crazy. They tried to find another flight they booked us on a Delta flight we only had to wait 2 hours. Right on. When we got to Chicago we took a 45 min walk from United terminal to the Delta terminal. When we got to the Delta terminal they would not let us on because they did not have our luggage. It didn't matter my luggage tags said SLC. They made me go back to the United terminal and fix the problem. Well the United airline couldn't move our luggage fast enough to make the flight. So they booked us on another flight that left chicago at 6pm. I was like are you kidding? what on earth am I suppose to do in an airport with three kids for hours. I was so mad. United told me they had a flight that left at 5pm but we would be flying standby and the flight was going to Denver we would have another 4 hour layover. I was like are you kidding? NO thanks. So I took the Delta flight that left at 6pm. United sent us on our way with $40 in food vouchers.

When we checked in the Delta ticket counter they told me there was no 6pm flight to SLC. I was like how can that be I have some tickets right here. They said it was cancelled. Are you serious? I was about in tears at this point. What a nightmare. I was thinking I was going to have to stay in chicago and try and fly out the next day. Delta told me they had a flight that was leaving at 4pm. We would have to fly standby. I was like okay we will take our chances. So off we went through security. I let the kids choose where they wanted to eat lunch. We ate and waited our 3 hours. We checked in at the Delta desk and they asked again you want 4 seats? I said yes. they said is it okay if they are not all together? I said well they are my kids. 9,6,and4. They told me oh they can't ride without you. I was like okay. He said that they were not sure they could get the seats together. WEll lots of prayers and faith later my name was called. All my kids had different seats. Even Chandler. But when we got on the plane people were so nice to move (nice or didn't want to sit by my kids. LOL) Kayden was the only one that didn't sit by me. He sat by a return missionary and another guy. Kayden was only one row in front of me. We were so blessed. WE made it to SLC only 3 hours later. Thank Heavens. Lets hope the ride home will be better.
Grandma & Grandpa smith were there to pick us up. We went to dinner then we drove 3 hours. After traveling for 24 hours we finally made it to my parents.

We have been so spoiled being with our grandparens. I have had every evening off.

I went out with Mom Bastian Loriann, and Shana. We went shopping and Mom took us out to Wingers. WE all ate way to much but had a blast doing it.

The next night I went to the temple with Mom & Dad Bastian. We drove a whole 3 minutes to the temple. Wow it was wonderful. I've been able to go a couple times. Love the temple so close.

Saturday Loirann had her bridal shower I was so excited I was able to attend. Lots and lots of memeories. We had so much fun.
Jery came into town on tue and we headed for Lake Tahoe. It was so fun to have Grandma and Grandpa Bastian we threw all the kids in their car and went on our way.

I got to spend some extra time with Aunt Ann. We had so much fun talking and bonding.

The day of the wedding we got to take a beautiful drive to a cove and see waterfalls and spend more time with the Bastian's.

We had a blast at Loirann's wedding bash. Lake Tahoe is so beautiful. Jason and Loriann's wedding was beautiful. We had a lot of laughs. We got some super cute pictures. I will tell a little bit more when the pictures come.

Thanks to Loriann and Jason for such a fun beautiful wedding. we are so excited for them.


I am going to update my blog again soon with some more adventures. We have many more.

So keep watching. Enjoy the pictures.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun, but YOU'VE GOT TO COME HOME SOON!!

We miss you. It's just Sylwia and I left around here and if some frumpies don't start coming home soon I think we'll just have to find new replacements. :)

Sylwia said...

what a crazy flight! how miserable! i always dread such a situation, and Jeremy wasn't even with you. i'm glad you made it and are having fun. i'm so glad brandi is here with me. i need one good close friend to rely on. come back soon, ok?

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy to read your updates! I wish you guys could make it down here to AZ for a visit....but you might melt!! It is sooo dang hot!

I'm glad you guys are having such a wonderful time, thanks for posting all the great photos!!

Happy 4th of July!

Staci said...

What a nightmare... I hate flying anyway but when they screw up your flights and make it even more misrable.. not good at all!
Looks like you are having all kinds of fun!