We all had a great time at the Pinewood derby tonight. Kayden's car weighed too much so Jer had to take some weight off the front of his car... Well the back was so heavy Kayden's first race his car jumped the track and went sideways. It was so cool. Okay it made his car get fourth but it was so cool. From then on out WE raced his car back wards. He got second the next three races. We sure have a lot of fun at these pinewood derbys. Kayden has one more year to race... After the pinewood derby we had an open field and anyone could race. Brooklyn loved racing her purple car. We added more weight to make the car weigh 8oz and Chandler raced Kayden's car again he got first place. yeah that's all it needed was a little weight in the front.
Brooklyn and her car. She wanted a purple car that had the number 100 as well as 100 dots.
Brooklyn's car weighed 7.9 oz. She was so excited to race her car in the anything goes category.

Here is Kayden with his Pinewood Derby car. His car turned out so cool. Jeremy engraved lightnings on the sides and carved number 27 on the top. Super cool car Kayden

Here is a close up of the purple polka dots 100 car....

Kayden's cool pinewood derby car. Looks so awesome!

Here are the kids Kayden with his trophy and Brooklyn with her ribbon and chandler with
The car

Here is Cub Scout Pack 61. You guys rock!!!! What a fun night of racing our cars.

Kayden, Isaiah, and Jeremiah all with their trophies. Good Job boys!!!!

Here are all the cars. Kayden's was so heavy in the back they had to turn it sideways.

Chandler having a blast playing with cars and his own track. Super fun!

Waiting for the race to start....

Kayden is in the 4th lane in second place.

Kayden is in the 1st lane. Almost first. But came in second again

Kayden is in the second lane came in second again.
9 comments:
One of these days Ben will get his act together so we can add extracurricular activities back in.
He was doing so well and then Christmas vacation happened.
isaiah had so much fun! thanks so much for taking me on friday and making it possible for him to participate! you are a great friend!
Oh how fun!! I love Pinewood Derby's!! I have only been able to enjoy it as a Leader and not just a spectator...it would be fun to sit back and enjoy the race insted of officiating! Oh well, my boys love it and that makes me happy!!
Have you seen Down and Derby yet? It is such a FUNNY movie!!
I love that Brooklyn got her own car. I was always so jealous that my brothers got to build cars with my dad but I never got too. Sadly, Nathan will never know the joy of helping his son build a pinewood derby car since all we have are girls :{
looks like fun! I'll be there b4 I know it
It looks like lots of fun! I love Brookyln's car. I love that it has 100 dots...how funny! Good Job Kayden! I've totally seen cars raced backwards before. Hey, Whatever works...right?!
Glad you had fun!
Way to go Kayden!!!! Brooklyn your car is so very cute!!! Chandler what a neat track!
Did you ever see the movie about the pin wood derby where the dads take up the whole house to make the car? Very funny. Well dumb movie but that part was funny.
Oh cool! Those cars look so awesome. LOVE the purple one! Those derby are so much fun. Your kids are such lil cutie pies! :)
YAY! That looks like so much fun, I think its cool that Brooklyn was able to participate too!
Post a Comment