Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Spring Break Krakow, Poland Day 1

We are stepping out of our traveling comfort zone and are flying to Krak贸w, Poland. We purchased the budget airfare with Ryanair, and a rental car. We (Jeremy and I ) are so nervous because we have always traveled in the comfort of our own car bringing lots of food and our own comforts to include pillows馃榿.
This flight to Poland is really making us pack light and we are not bringing any comforts and I’m not packing food 馃槵Which is a first for me. 
Day 1 Of Spring Break to Krak贸w, Poland 
We got up at 7am for a 8:30am departure with one stop at Kaufland for lunch.
Only when we stopped at Kaufland they didn’t have our salads for lunch 馃槶so very sad. So off we drove to The Frankfurt International Airport. We let Kayden run the show. He had to tell us what time we needed to leave. He was our guide in the airport leading us to our counter to check in, to security, and finally to our gate to board the plane. We had a little fun adventure going through security. So we all had our little approved luggage that went through security. I forgot about the 3oz liquid rule 馃Because, let’s be honest this is the FIRST flight I have ever taken where I have NOT checked my bag. So this 3oz Liquid was not on my radar. So going through security they wanted to see all my liquids. So I pulled out all my liquids and the guy was like this is NOT approved. He didn’t like that my shampoo was in a clear container as well as body soap. They met the 3oz requirement. However, I lost my toothpaste. Poor Brooklyn was in a different security line and she put a whole thing of Bath and body works lotion and body mist in her bag. Brand new bottles of her favorite scent Peach. Yep, they threw both of them in the garbage. Uuuggghhh, $20.00 in the garbage because I forgot about the liquid rule. 馃槶 Not a huge deal just annoying! We are Ryanair rookies! 
**** Note to self check luggage!***** 
We waited about an hour to board our plane. We had a little snack and just enjoyed waiting for our flight. We had to pass through the gate and board a shuttle to the airplane. That was the hottest most crowded shuttle bus I have ever been on. Crazy!!! 
Because we purchased the cheapest flight we were just randomly put in seats all throughout the plane. Not one of us was sitting by each other. Chandler and Brooklyn were really nervous. Brooklyn was at the back of the plane. I was in the middle, the wing emergency row to be exact but hey I got a lot of leg room and didn’t pay extra for it. Ha! 馃槀 I also got the entire row all by myself. Sweet! Chandler was towards the front. Kayden was at the front of the plane on the second row. He thought that was pretty cool. Jeremy was towards the front of the plane on the opposite side of the boys. The flight was pretty quick only 1 hour and 15 min. Sweet! We got our rental car and headed to our hotel. 
Our hotel is amazing, it’s a two bedroom fully furnished apartment. The location is perfect 10 min walk to the Old Jewish Quarter, and 10 min walk to downtown Krak贸w. 
Tonight we opted to head to the Old Jewish Quarter for dinner. Our hotel recommended a little local restaurant called Mr. Vincent that specialized in a polish dish called Pierogi it’s a filled dumpling. We purchased three different plates of Pierogi; an assortment of meat to include fish, (Brooklyn and I stayed away from those) 馃槀 a plate of vegetarian Pierogi, and a plate of fruit Pierogi. 
They were so delicious!!! Plenty of filling and so tasty. I couldn’t believe how full we got off these little dumplings. We all agreed the dumplings were yummy but not for your entire meal. We would have liked them as an appetizer and had another polish dish for the main course. This restaurant only had dumplings. 
After dinner we continued to explore a little of the Jewish Quarter while the sun went down. 
We came upon this ice cream shop called Good Lood it had a huge line, I’m talking at least 20-30 people, we of course wanted to try this ice cream that is causing such a huge line. I looked up Good Lood on Trip advisor and all the comments said this was the BEST ice cream they had ever had. It was said to be the best Ice cream in Krak贸w maybe even Europe! I was skeptical because the best ice cream is Italian Gelato. 
We were all presently surprise. It was delicious and so creamy, and smooth and so much flavor. It really could be the best Ice cream in Krak贸w. 
We went to a grocery store to pick up some drinks and snacks for tomorrow’s adventure. The grocery store is still different than what we expected even after seeing grocery stores in Germany, France, Belgium, and Italy. Can you imagine paying $10 for a bag of M&Ms!? Still, we are loving Poland!











































0 comments: