Bastianclan

Bastianclan

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Highline 179

This was the culminating event for our "Dauntless Day".
The Guinness World Record recorded this as the Longest Tibet-Style foot bridge.  It is suspended between the historic Fort Claudia and Ehrenberg Fortifications.
The Height of the bridge is 114,60 meters
 Length of the Bridge 406 Meters
Pad width 1.2 Meters
Bridge supported by 4 cables, each 60 mm diameter.
Chandler was the first one on the bridge.  He is SOOOO Brave.
Courageous Brooklyn.
Brooklyn challenged all of us to cross the bridge without touching the sides.  Oh my goodness.  It was a ride. The Bridge sways and shakes.  Especially when other people are coming from the opposite direction.  It was crazy.  We all made it across the bridge without touching.  I did have to stop a couple times to catch my balance.  And I learned if I stopped when people passed me and made the bridge shake and sway more that I could move more freely and not feel the swaying as much.  
Here we are on the Suspension bridge.  It is kind of freaky!!! It shakes and sways. EEEKKKK
This is what we walked on,  CRAZY!!!
My heart gets pumping again just looking at these pictures.
Jermey, had the camera and loved taking pictures of all the little cars below us.  
I didn't want to stop and look at all the cars passing by.  Ha!
You can see the Suspention bridge to the left and Ehrenberg Castle to the right and Bastianclan right in the middle.
The views from this platform were beautiful!!!! 
Love this picture of Beautiful, courageous, Brooklyn with the Fortress behind her.
Chandler is so awesome.  I love his BIG personality and his Bravery. 
Can you see the Austria Alps? So pretty.  What a beautiful Day to explore Austria!
The Views from the platform were beautiful.  
Love this picture of the Ehrenberg Castle
Jeremy and his kids.  With the Suspension bridge in the background. 
Oh here we go again... Walking back to the other side...  Brooklyn, said no hands.
Oh boy.  Hopefully not a lot of people are on the bridge.
My sweet Chandler found a pretty Purple flower.  He picked it and put it in my hair.
Awe, I love this sweet boy of mine.  
We are standing under the Suspension Bridge. 
WE DID IT!!  We crossed the Bridge and back without touching the sides...
I don't think I ever need to do it again. Ha!  Well unless Kayden wants to do it.  

0 comments: